Hello Again

                Hello again, world. I started this blog a year ago. It was going to chronicle my attempts to become a fiction writer, a playwright. And I was going great guns with it. I’d tried writing blogs before, but they had fizzled out. This one seemed to keep going. I enjoyed writing it. Blogger is a terrific host.
            Then, in July, my dad was rushed to hospital with stomach pains. And I stopped writing this.
            My dad died in August. I miss him. When he got ill, my family began acting strangely, and badly. My wife, who was a diamond all through Dad’s illness, then his death, then his funeral, now wonders what sort of family she’s married into. She’s put up with a lot from them over the years. Well, no more. I’m now permanently estranged from my mother.
            I didn’t completely stop writing all that time. I’m not sure what this says about me as a human being. I needed to do it.
            I discovered a great website:
                        http://www.microhorror.com/microhorror/
Microhorror publishes horror stories of 666 words or fewer. It doesn’t pay anything, but it’s a great challenge to come up with something which fits that number of words. And I had a couple of stories accepted, under my real name. O can’t tell you how proud that made me.
            So, here I am, feeling a million years older, hoping that tomorrow will be better than today. To anyone who read this blog before, welcome back; to new readers, welcome. I hope you all enjoy it.

Comments

Popular Posts